FCD’s mission is to work with schools and other organizations across the United States and around the world to provide students with the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to make intelligent, healthy choices about alcohol and other drug use. We endeavor to:
- provide educational communities with the guidance and training necessary to implement comprehensive, effective approaches to substance abuse prevention
- educate students, parents, teachers and school administrators on the physiological and psychological effects of alcohol and other drugs
- promote awareness of drug addiction, including alcoholism, as a progressive, chronic and often fatal disease
- teach children and adults how to recognize the early warning signs of substance abuse and to intervene appropriately
- empower young people to make healthy, responsible choices regarding alcohol and other drug use
- encourage and support the non-use of alcohol and other illegal or illicit drugs during the growing years.
FCD knows that each school community has unique needs. Fortunately, with extensive experience, we also know how to pair community needs with effective opportunities to enhance student wellness. FCD prevention specialists, a diverse set of highly-trained professionals passionate about prevention, are flexible, versatile, well-informed and eager to help keep healthy students healthy around the globe.